Blackberries my alltime favourites...special bundt cake to welcome the Spring

Time flies, it feels like it was just couple of weeks ago I was sharing my Christmas recipes with you and since yesterday Spring officially started. I love Spring, even so Autumn remains my favourite season, I do appreciate spring a lot too... I am looking forward to my market visits on Saturdays, which have been neglected in the winter. A short walk down to the city centre early in the morning, with the risen sun and fresh air, curios what the local farmers will offer this time...

Being all inspired and happy about the Spring, I accidentally came across of some gorgeous fresh blackberries. Berries are my weakness, I cannot resist to a basket of berries and any time I see one, I always take it with me. There were two reasons for a celebration now... the Spring and our first fresh blackberries this year. 

Bundt cakes are my darlings at the moment and so I decided to make a lime bundt cake with blackberry mascarpone filling. Limes and blackberries are going perfect together, the cake tastes fresh, fruity and creamy at the same time, a perfect choice to welcome the Spring...
Lime bundt cake with blackberries mascarpone filling
(this recipe calls for a small bundt cake form, if you are using a standard size bundt form please double)

  • 75 g butter (room temperature)
  • 75 g sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 lime (zest and juice)
  • 125 g flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 125 g mascarpone cheese
  • hand full of fresh blackberries
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1-2 tablespoons powdered sugar
Preheat the oven to 180C and grease your bundt baking form. In a bowl whisk together butter and sugar, till fluffy and light. Add the eggs, one at the time, combine all the ingredients. Add the zest and juice of the lime, mix well. Mix flour with the baking powder and add to the butter-egg mixture, mix well till all ingredients are well combined. Pour the batter into the form and bake for 30-40 minutes (if you are using a standard size baking form, it might take longer). Make the wooden stick test, take the cake out and let it cool for at least 15 minutes on the cooling rack. Take the cake out of the form and let it cool completely.

Puree the blackberries with one spoon of sugar. Add half of the berry puree to the mascarpone and combine, add the rest of the puree, make sure the frosting is not getting too runny. Add some powdered sugar if you would like to have it more sweeter.

Cut the cake in too layers. Put the frosting in a piping bag with a star tip and pipe some cream roses on the top of the first layer. Put the second layer on top and decorate with some frosting and berries.


Enjoy!

Comments