Sunshine and exotic carrot creme soup for dinner

We are back home and Spain has welcome us with sunshine and pleasant +20 degrees. It is unusual warm for this time of the year, but we are not complaining and really enjoying the warmth. I got all inspired by the sun and decided to do something vibrant for dinner. Exotic carrot creme soup, a soup as bright as the sun, super easy to do and something Pablo actually likes too.
Exotic carrot cake
  • 5-6 big carrots
  • 1 stick celery
  • fresh ginger
  • 1,5 cubes vegetable broth 
  • 500 ml water
  • 300 ml coconut milk
  • olive oil
Wash the carrots and celery, cut them in cubes. Put everything in a pot with some olive oil, let it saute for 1-2 minutes. Add the water (it shall cover the carrots), broth cubes and ginger (finely cut or grated) and let it boil. Once it boils, put the heat down to medium/high and let us cook for 15 minutes with lead on. Add the coconut milk and cook for additional 5-10 minutes. The carrots should be cooked trough. Puree the soup in a blender, till you will get a creamy soup.  Serve it with some bread and a dot of a greek yogurt.

The wooden board that you can see on the pictures, is a handmade piece by my husband. One month at the country side and we started to craft wooden cutting boards and wooden cake boards, I even got a wooden etagere... I am so proud of my husband, making all my crazy visions true... I literally freaked, bursting out all my wishes, when I saw all the wood, which actually was meant to end up as firewood... 
Enjoy!

Comments