My new favorite plate, 15 minutes pizza and pomegranates from Valencia

Don´t you just love those days, where a friend of yours surprises you with a small little something. After a long weekend, which we spend in french Pyrenees, I was not very excited to go back to work today. But thanks to this little surprise the day actually turn out great.

People knowing me, know exactly how excited I can get if someone brings me fruits or vegetables from their garden. And so I will always get something, being most grateful of being surrounded by people who love and support my passion for cooking and baking. Today I got 2 gorgeous pomegranate and my new favourite plate from a friend, who is also a food blogger and does share the same passion as I. This little something definitely made my day and my evening!!! Desert was served on a new plate, with pomegranate being a star of the dish. Check his blog for more recipes and inspiration, which have a french influence with a Mediterranean touch.... Gregous Food


Still being lazy from weekend and my guys asking for pizza I decided to do my 15 minutes pizza for dinner.  The dough is done with baking powder and pizza itself in the skillet pan. It does not take you more then 15 minutes to get this dish done....if you are short on time, but still want to do something nice for your loved once, instead of putting a frozen pizza in the oven, try this recipe and I guarantee you, you will never buy a frozen pizza again....


15 minutes Pizza

  • 120  g flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon of baking powder
  • good splash of olive oil
  • water
Preheat the oven to 180 C, use grill function if your oven has that. Put all the ingredients into a blender and a couple of tablespoons of water. Blitz for couple of seconds, add additional tablespoons of water if dough did not form yet. You shall get a firm ball of dough, which does not stick to your hands. Roll out a circle fitting into your skillet pan (a pan you can put also into the oven). Put the pan on the cooker on medium-high heat and start to top your pizza:
  • 1 glass of your favourite tomato sauce
  • ham or salami
  • mozzarella cheese (buffalo) or any other cheese you like
Spread tomato sauce on the pizza dough, spread some ham or salami or both over the top and top it with cheese. Let the pan being on the cooker for additional minute or two...and then put the pan into the oven. Bake for 6-10 minutes, till cheese starts to bubble. Serve it with some fresh basil leaves on top...



The dessert was simple...some left overs from a chocolate cake with fresh pomegranate seeds. Did you know that chocolate and pomegranate are fitting so well together? The freshness and the sweetness of the pomegranate balance the bitterness of the dark chocolate vers well, you would amazed by the combination. You can either serve it aside with chocolate cake or on top of dark chocolate mouse or just have a small bar of your favourite chocolate served with a small bowl of pomegranate seeds....



Enjoy!

Comments

  1. He he lovely! This weekend we go back to Valencia, I'll check out if there's something in the garden I can get away with :-)
    Soon will be the time of the oranges and lemon, not sure exactly, they might be later though.

    Shame on me I never did a pizza on my own :-o !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment